Redefining beauty for Gen Z
We are so excited to let you know about a brand new clean skincare range that has been launched by one of our patients!
Namrata Kamdar revealed Plenaire to the world at Liberty on September 29th. The self-confessed beauty junkie, who formerly worked in marketing for Coca-Cola and Pepsi, as well as 14 years in product development at Unilever, has spent the last two years refining the product range that is proudly sourced and made in the UK, comes in fully
recyclable packing and is cruelty free.
All products contain a signature fragrance, which has been developed in collaboration with a leading perfumery expert, also here in the UK.
“After managing, developing and growing global personal care and beauty brands and businesses globally, I created Plenaire - a beauty tech brand for Gen Z.
“We want to help young women everywhere take pleasure in their skincare again with our range of clean, sustainably designed products that meet their everyday skincare needs but also encourage emotional well-being and self-care.
“Plenaire formulations were created out of a genuine need to develop safe, effective, and pleasurable alternatives. We have completed two years of research with young women via social listening, ethnographies, in house product testing and trials, as well as reviewing the ingredient labels for 100s of products targeting younger women, to develop our bespoke ingredient approach and brand ethos. We are built to reflect Gen Z, but we will have universal appeal.”
Plenaire is from the French expression for “in the open air”, having the qualities of natural air and light. Plenaire seeks to build a community that challenges predictable conventions in skincare and beauty to recreate them for people in a more airy, open minded and fluid way.
How do Plenaire products differ?
Namrata explained that she followed a cleaner ingredient and formulation approach because she believes in the power of these ingredients to help even the most delicate skin feel and look better.
• Plenaire is 100% ingredient transparent. It avoids raw materials that are considered to be harmful or toxic or to cause any type of skin sensitivity. With ingredients currently being debated as to whether or not they are safe, their approach is to avoid them until more concrete evidence is available.
• All products are sourced and made in the UK and all ingredients comply with current European Cosmetic Safety legislation.
• Free from SLS/SLES, parabens, mineral oil/petrochemicals, propylene glycol, PEGs, PABA, silicones, GMOs, aluminium, microbeads, formaldehyde, lead or mercury. This is not an exhaustive list, but where their ingredient approach mainly differs from competitors.
• Plenaire will never test products or ingredients on animals nor use suppliers who test them on their behalf. Products do not contain animal-based ingredients or animal derivatives. Each product has been registered with the Vegan Society.
• All fragrances comply with EU and IFRA regulations.
Recognising that sustainability doesn’t come from packaging alone, Plenaire has created three skin cleansing formats that qualify as waterless cleansers, in other words, require less water to work.
“What is often forgotten is that much of the process of being more sustainable comes from our own actions in the usage process, not simply materials and packaging alone. For example, our Skin Frosting Deeply Hydrating Mask simply wipes off and can be used without water and our Brightening Elixir Exfoliating Tonic is a leave on exfoliating cleanser,” explains Namrata.
For more information please visit plenaire.co!